The Power Electronics Industry Collaborative (PEIC) has refocused its mission and plans to establish a Diversity & Inclusion Working Group for the power electronics industry. We welcome all interested industry stakeholders to join us for the kick-off meeting. See agenda and call-in details.
Agenda for the Diversity & Inclusion Working Group Teleconference on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. EDT/10:00 a.m. PDT
Dial-in Number: 1-605-475-5950
Participant Access Code: 216516
Roll call and introductions – 10 minutes
Review of working group charter – 5 minutes
Discuss project scope and first steps – 15 minutes
Identify best collaborative platform – 5 minutes
Nominations for Working Group Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary – 10 minutes
Agree upon time and day for monthly teleconference schedule – 5 minutes
Review action items and wrap-up – 10 minutes
Diversity & Inclusion Working Group Charter: To develop and implement programs that will assist new workers, especially from under-represented demographic groups, to enter the field of power electronics.
• Project scope
• Develop outreach programs aimed at women and minorities
• Promote retooling and retraining opportunities for adult workers
• Help obtain access to scholarships and financial aid
• Set up programs for internships and apprenticeships
• Set up a collaborative work area, such as Slack
• Monthly meetings
• Kick-off teleconference on March 21, 2018 at 1 p.m. EDT/10 a.m. PDT
• Propose 3rd Wednesday of the month for regularly scheduled meeting at this same time
• F2F meeting on September25 or 26 at ECCE in Portland, OR
For more information on our new initiative, please see our press release, Power Electronics Industry Collaborative Heeds Call to Action From National Science Board, and check out PEIC President Nanci Vogtli’s commentary, “Empowering Diversity in STEM,” in EE Times.